Aftercare Of Your Extensions
Hair Extensions Aftercare
To maintain your hair extensions in the best possible condition, it is important that you follow the advised procedures. Shampooing and conditioning your hair at least once a week with the recommended products and advice.
WASHING YOUR EXTENSIONS
- Always remove all tangles from your hair before washing, wash your hair upside down with a shower (never in bathwater) making sure you rinse until the water runs clean.
- Condition away from the bonds, leave the conditioner in for about 5 mins before rinsing thoroughly, until water runs clean again.
- Wash your hair at least 3 times a week. Never let your hair get greasy as this can damage the bonds.
- You can use “leave in detangler spray” if your hair is long. Do not spray on bonds.
- If you get a knot in your hair, hold the hair at the bond and comb through carefully.
- Only use products recommended by The Hair Extension Co.
- Never rub the hair with the towel to dry or leave in towel.
- Never go to bed with damp hair.
DRYING YOUR EXTENSIONS
- If you want to leave your hair to dry naturally, always dry off the bonds with a cool heat.
- Never blow dry your hair on a hot setting with the nozzle close to the bonds as this could melt the bonds.
- Dry at least 4″ away from the bonds.
GENRAL INFORMATION AND CARE
- Always tie your hair back at night when you go to bed, this will avoid your hair getting tangled and keep it tidy.
- If you go swimming in a pool or the sea, always put your hair into a plat, leave it in until you are ready to wash your hair when you have finished swimming, wash and condition as normal.
- We recommend you run your fingers through your hair every day from the roots, to avoid your natural hair loss tangling at the bonds.
- Never use hot oil treatments or shine sprays on your hair.
- We recommend a monthly maintenance check, so we can make sure you are looking after your extensions, so they will last.
- We sell all shampoo’s, conditioners, de-tangle spray and hair brushes.
If you do not use the products and keep to our guideline sheet we cannot guarantee other products will not damage the bonds.